Sunday, September 20, 2015

Apple Chips



Apple chips! Delicious and easy, I was pleasantly surprised at how well this worked. In just 4 easy(ish) steps, I made a satisfying, mostly healthful, portable snack.

Step 1: Buy Apples. Any kind will do. I used Honeycrisp.


Step 2: Slice and dice
 A mandolin would have made this extra easy, but I only had a mostly sharp knife. My chips weren't perfect and pretty, but they still tasted great. Slice them at about 1/16thinches.


Step 3: Flavorings!
I brushed mine with vanilla extract and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. The Vanilla gave a slightly caramel flavor.



Step 3: Bake
 200 degrees for 90 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet, flip, 90 more minutes on the other side. Then let them sit overnight in your oven. The next morning I had delicious, portable, crunchy apple chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment